Welcome to CHEM UK
We are the trade association of manufacturers and suppliers of equipment to the waste industry. The Container Handling Equipment Manufacturers Association was founded in mid-1960s to help each other overcome the various challenges of the industry. CHEM UK have played a critical role in establishing standards and guidelines for member companies.
CHEM UK Container Design Guidelines
To establish guidelines for container design with a view to ensure correct interfacing with membersʼ products.
CHEM UK Promote Interests of Members
To promote the interests of members in the drafting of European harmonised
standards and UK regulations.
CHEM UK Standards
To help members comply with standards and regulations.
CHEM UK Proactive Contact
To establish and maintain proactive contact with other associations related
to the waste industry and relevant government departments
Benefits of Membership to CHEM
- Through its constitution, CHEM provides members with a regulatory body to ensure a consistent application of standards and codes of practice.
- CHEM provides an excellent forum for members to discuss issues related to the industry and any other general concerns.
- CHEM keeps members abreast of proposed European Directives and UK legislation.
- By participating in European technical committees, work groups and standards drafting CHEM ensures that membersʼ interests are protected at all times.
- Membersʼ customers are made aware of CHEM standards with a view to reassure them where health and safety, equipment specifications and compatibility is concerned.
- CHEM keeps proactive contact with other bodies including British Standards Institution (BSI), Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Department for Transport (DfT) and Committee for European Standards (CEN)